Free Kids Books / Red Sky Ventures is looking for an administrative assistant.
Your job will involve the administrative duties of helping us run this website (https://www.freekidsbooks.org), which includes some content creation, marketing, writing and graphics, possibly assisting with our creation of creative commons children’s books, work with NGOs, assisting with some basic accounting duties and administration tasks, and driving duties.
Applicants must have
- Be computer literate
- Be competent in basic writing skills to write social media posts or short articles in English
The right person should ideally have
- A good knowledge of social media and websites
- Be interested in children’s books and literacy or education
- Good writing skills or graphics skills is an advantage
- Good online marketing skills is an advantage
- A knowledge of or interested in learning or know wordpress coding is an advantage, further training would be offered to the right person
- Being interested in aviation is a bonus, but not neccessary
- The job is suitable for a student, and we can work around class schedules, as long as you are available afternoons.
Please send CV and a small cover letter introducing yourself to danielle -at- redskyventures -dot- org. Do not apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. We will respond to everyone that meets the requirements and follows the application instructions.
Please insert the phrase “I am a blue elephant” in between the first and second paragraph of your letter. You will feel totally silly, but we will at least know you can read and follow instructions, and hopefully have a giggle about it. (I saw this in someone elses job app and figured it was a cool idea…).
FKB/RSV is a fun place to work, we feel working together makes one a friend or family. We reward employees who show talent, by investing in further training or providing promotion. We also expect employees to be self-motivated, sow initiative, and contribute to the company in a meaningful way. Most work will be unsupervised, and although you will receive training, we expect you to be able to think for yourself without extensive direction.