We’re looking for a talented developer to join our team on a permanent part-time basis. Note: this is a remote job, so can be done from any location.
For any volunteers with WordPress skills currently with the project, please contact me we will get you started on some test jobs immediately to see if you can make the transition to this paid work.
All applications must be sent via email to danielle “at” redskyventures “dot” org, with the following:
- Include the title “FKB WORDPRESS JOB 2020”
- Why do you want to work for FKB?
- What is your desired hourly rate?
- Please attach a 1 page abbreviated CV. (Think about file format. We will judge this.)
- Please attach links to your portfolio or work.
- Please provide your suggestions for site improvements in the following key areas:
- In an ideal world what software, OS, and hardware would you prefer working with and why?
- Would you prefer working for Apple, Google, Microsoft, or other (specify), please list these in the order of preference with a brief why. Be honest.
- Do you support any non-profits or volunteer anywhere?
- Tell us something else about yourself, (eg hobbies, lifestyle etc) keep it brief and interesting.
I look forward to hearing from you, please feel free to post a comment here, DM via any of our social media channels, or email us on the above email if you have any brief questions about the job.
Regarding applications – if we do not send you a “received” response, we did not receive your application.
Thanks for sharing the information.
please may some one give me the email address so I can apply please.
Hi Rachelle, so sorry! I thought I had included the email address, I have updated the post, it is there now.
I don’t know your email, I also live in a country, so can I work on line.
I colour code things in my book, just so its more easier and fun for the children( I don’t like it when people use kid because that is a baby goat)
Hi Rachelle, yes this is an online remote position so sorry, I did the post in a bit of a hurry the other day, I’ve corrected this too. I understand and agree on the concept with “kids” but when we initially created the site it just seemed a bit more catchy for a title, I do try to use “children” in all our articles and text.
I have a few books I made, am I able to post it on this sight
Hi Rachelle, please do send them to me for review, and I will let you know if they can be posted – you can see the submission requirements for inclusion of books on the site here: https://freekidsbooks.org/submissions/